Associate Communications Coordinator
Job offer at Asian Development Bank
Associate Communications Coordinator
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
OverviewAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Department of Communications (DOC). DOC supports ADB Management’s public communications and outreach strategies to raise the Bank’s profile and position ADB as a knowledge bank. It works to communicate ADB’s policies, and information on ADB operations and their impact on developing member countries, to internal and external audiences. It supports operational, knowledge and other operational support departments, and sector and thematic groups in assembling and presenting knowledge from their respective activities. It is also the focal point for all public information activities including building relations with media and managing the external website and Bank’s publishing program.
More specifically, the position is assigned in the Knowledge Support Division (DCKD) of DOC. DCKD is responsible for harnessing knowledge content embedded in ADB’s programs/ projects/ practices and various initiatives, and disseminating knowledge using different platforms and marketing tools.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Communications Coordinator will undertake a range of activities related to ADB’s knowledge products, to support the implementation of DOC’s initiatives and strategies. The incumbent will: (i) contribute to creating and implementing marketing and dissemination plans and activities for ADB knowledge products and publications; (ii) prepare regular electronic newsletters and flyers and (iii) track and analyze marketing campaign outcomes.
The incumbent will report to the Designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
- Identifies, attends to, and prepares relevant materials for internal and external events, partnerships and synergies to further enhance distribution of knowledge products.
- Collaborates across DOC and with other ADB staff consultants, and external service providers in implementing marketing and dissemination activities; works with focal points, staff, and consultants in organizing the ADB Publications display at ADB internal events, provides event management and execution support to authors and client departments for book launches and related seminars, and posts event publication e-flyers.
- Prepares regular publications e-newsletters and special e-flyers for flagship and other signature publications
- Serves as the focal person on queries related to e-marketing and dissemination, deals with queries as appropriate and/or refers them to the staff concerned.
- Coordinates across DOC to showcase publications across internal communication channels such as ADB Today
- Undertakes analytical research on internal and external events, partnership and synergies to further enhance distribution of ADB knowledge products as well as contact and marketing lists
- Manages, maintains, and updates the marketing database/mailing list; tracks/monitors database interface
- Tracks and analyzes e-marketing campaign outcomes with target audiences for supervising Specialist; provides relevant suggestions and recommendations for database/system enhancement
- Provides alternate/back-up support to Senior National Staff in the team on e-marketing and dissemination tasks
- Provides back-up support to designated Specialist in management of publication pipeline and publications production for assigned and applicable departments within ADB, as required
- Provides support for administrative tasks such as updating internal trackers such as the Publications Marketing Calendar, the Publishing Production Database, and various DCKD and DOC calendars /reporting documents as necessary
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising, or other related field; preferably with advanced training
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in publishing, marketing, communication or promotion.
- Good knowledge of digital formats and standards present in electronic publishing
- Good knowledge of publication marketing and promotion
- Awareness of social media and its application in publishing
- Good knowledge of new products and channels to market in electronic publishing
- Awareness of visual identity principles and printing, and post-press work
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and in desktop publishing and design software
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.