(Associate) Human Resource Administrator
Job offer at Asian Development Bank
(Associate) Human Resource Administrator
Close relatives of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
This position is assigned in the Culture and Talent Division (BPCT) within Budget, People and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). In support of the evolving strategic priorities of ADB, BPCT offers integrated solutions and approaches to talent issues and enables a culture where people grow and thrive. The members of BPCT aspire to be curious, courageous, and collaborative in their work, and their work deliverables are to strengthen key organizational capabilities to ‘empower people and enable the extraordinary’. BPCT’s work encompasses a range of functional areas including organizational culture, staff engagement, talent management and development.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Human Resource Administrator will provide technical, analytical, and administrative support for various initiatives and programs within BPCT and ensure transparency in the correct application, interpretation and adaptation of established human resource (HR) policies, procedures and guidelines. The incumbent will evaluate and propose solutions to difficult situations and provide inputs into the design and development of improved HR services and delivery processes. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- As a proactive team member, undertakes and completes specialized HR support service, and provides ideas in the design and implementation of talent management programs and initiatives, including Rotation Exercise and Talent Reviews. Initiates, processes, reviews and follows up on HR administrative actions, including verifying compliance of information and documentation with appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Supports in managing the work process for Short-Term Assignments (STA) to ensure day-to-day administration of the program, including (i) proposal reviews, (ii) advertisement and candidate selection, (iii) back-fill provisions, (iv) STA extension, (v) maintenance and update of data and records, and (vi) ad hoc requests from clients.
- Manages STA program budget with the highest accuracy, consistency, and attention to details, covering (i) calculation of mobility package for geographical assignments, (ii) disbursements of mobility package, (iii) overall budget monitoring and utilization, and (iv) supervision of contractual support.
- Serves as first point of contact to clients and provides necessary support and guidance on various matters related to the assigned programs and initiatives.
- Conducts initial researches, reviews, and data analysis of the assigned talent programs and initiatives.
- Creates presentations and communication materials in digital format.
- Keeps abreast of changes to HR policies and developments and drafts updates on HR policies, program guidelines, handbooks, and intranet.
- Effectively liaises with colleagues within BPMSD and across departments (Information Technology Department, Department of Communications, Office of Administrative Services and Controller’s Department) for smooth program implementation and enhancements.
- Evaluates and proposes improvements to work methods and processes. Assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow-up actions.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or Science, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. HR program and benefit administration, HR business partnering, and HR analytics, etc.).
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned programs, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Able to conduct research and data analysis to support decision-making.
- Proficiency in the use of publishing and design applications such as Microsoft Publisher, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and experience in designing presentations and communication materials in digital format (e.g. brochure, web pages, tip sheets, posters, etc.).
- Effective report-writing, communication and presentation skills in English.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with colleagues across departments.
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS6/7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.