Communications Specialist (Data Analytics)
Job offer at Asian Development Bank
Communications Specialist (Data Analytics)
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
The position title, Communications Specialist (Data Analytics), is for advertisement purposes. Selected staff will be appointed as Communications Specialist.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The Communications Specialist position is assigned in the Office of Principal Director of the Department of Communications (DOC). DOC supports ADB Management’s public communications and outreach strategies to raise the Bank’s profile and position ADB as a knowledge bank. It communicates ADB’s policies, and information on ADB operations and their impact on developing member countries to internal and external audiences. It supports operational, knowledge, and other operational support departments, and sector and thematic groups in assembling and presenting knowledge from their respective activities. DOC is the focal point for all public information activities including building relations with media and managing ADB’s digital presence and publishing program.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Communications Specialist will support the department’s work in developing communications measurement frameworks and a Business Intelligence (BI) Dashboard and in measuring the impact and effectiveness of the department’s communications efforts and link with the organizational goals and objectives.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with other team members (including content producers, communications strategy planners and IT solutions team) to provide insights on the effectiveness of digital communications and marketing strategies. S/he is a trusted advisor in all things related to Digital Analytics and produces data-driven insights and recommendations to improve the impact and effectiveness of ADB communications.
The incumbent will also contribute in the overall coordination of the department’s activities in catalyzing innovation across the department.
The Communications Specialist will report to the Principal Director, DOC. S/he may supervise National Staff or Administrative Staff.
The Communications Specialist’s duties and accountabilities include:
- Develops and implements new communications measurement frameworks using analytics data and software to DOC’s results indicators to strengthen the links between organizational objectives and communications.
- Articulates business insights and actionable recommendations to inform digital marketing campaigns by analyzing large amounts of data (web, social media, multimedia metrics).
- Establishes enterprise standards for digital analytics, goal-setting frameworks, and KPIs to ensure optimal channel use and campaign optimization.
- Performs deep-dive analysis for corporate digital marketing campaigns (paid and earned) such as ADB’s Annual Meeting, as well as other key corporate initiatives; makes campaign optimization recommendations.
- Analyzes audience level data to understand user behavior across devices, countries, languages and marketing channels.
- Creates comprehensive and visually attractive metrics reports and dashboards (ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and end-of-year); identifies trends, opportunities, and insights from these reports and regularly presents recommendations to supervisors.
- Leads the development of a Business Intelligence Dashboard that aggregates data from multiple digital channels to provide a complete picture of communication efforts.
- Makes recommendations for optimizing ADB’s web site user experience and for personalizing content delivery based on insights derived from behavioral, demographical and contextual data.
- Advises clients across ADB on best practices for measuring digital communication activities (web, social media and e-mail marketing) and helps them interpret data to create actionable business insights.
- Develops standardized reporting frameworks (methodology, templates, dashboards, etc.) and advises key clients on how to apply those standards to their digital channels. Review clients’ business objectives to identify and recommend KPIs, and conversion goals to be tracked.
- Recommends emerging platforms and technologies in the areas of digital analytics and digital marketing.
- Performs other relevant tasks as maybe assigned by the supervisor and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, and related fields. University degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing and related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organizations may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in web metrics and analytics.
- Expert in using web metrics tools including: segment development, understanding dynamic tag management and production of analytic dashboards and calculated metrics. Proficiency with Adobe Analytics latest version and Analysis Workspace will be a plus.
- Advanced practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and macros, and strong data visualization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of social media analytics, including paid promotions techniques.
- Knowledge of social media listening platforms will be a plus.
- Ability to identify opportunities from data analysis and to present insights in a concise manner to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Demonstrated experience in building, managing and creating Business Intelligence dashboards using modern techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with individual from different cultural/national background
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS4
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.