Global Real Estate Management Specialist
Job offer at Asian Development Bank
Global Real Estate Management Specialist
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Principal Director (OAOD), within the Office of Administrative Offices (OAS).
OAS manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAOD comprises teams responsible for planning and preparing the department work program, budget, human resource management, IT and internal communications, and the field office support which includes global real estate and property management for the country offices (also referred as field offices).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
Position title upon appointment is Real Estate Management Specialist.
The Global Real Estate Management Specialist will ensure that all assigned programs and projects relating to Field Offices are properly planned, implemented, managed, monitored, and are compliant with ADB policies and guidelines. The position will be responsible for the planning, commitment, disbursement, and fiduciary control perspectives of funds allocated for Field Office projects including liaison with the Budget and Management Services Division (BPBM), OAOD, Regional Departments and Field Offices. The position will also provide advice, guidance and inputs on ADB policies, procedures, and guidelines where required.
The incumbent will report to the Principal Director, OAS and supervise National Staff and Administrative Staff. BPBM will provide inputs to the incumbent’s work program and performance review.
- Maintain and track the overall capital budget expenditure related to field office projects.
- Create, monitor, and analyze assigned program/project schedules in accordance with best practices on project management .
- Track, analyze, and report information appropriately to allow the project teams to manage their programs/projects and evaluate regular reports.
- Ensure accuracy of program/project budgets, schedules and perform version control.
- Coordinate program/project budgets, schedules, tasks, meeting updates, and efficient distribution of reports with BPBM, OAS, Regional Departments and Field Offices.
- Monitor program/projects’ progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts and progress achieved to date.
- Manage and maintain program/project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects.
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate cross-functional departments to identify program/project issues, monitor action items, and work with the assigned program/project managers to ensure resolution.
- Update policy and guidelines, and plan and develop strategies to meet changing client requirements and enhance Field Office assistance in support of ADB’s expanding operations.
- Manage and monitor transaction time and volume to ensure timely disbursement processing within service level standards.
- Manage the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
- Participate in and represent OAOD Field Support Team on relevant ADB-wide activities, working groups, and committees as assigned.
- Undertake or contribute to the implementation of special projects or other assigned tasks related to Field Office projects as directed.
- Provide quality client service to regional departments in processing project documents and disbursements and provide advice to field offices during project implementation.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Project Management or Business Administration. University degree in Project Management, Accounting, Budget, or Business Administration may be considered lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant in at least two of the following areas: Project Management, Project Controls, Budget, Accounting experience.
- Professional certification/qualification in Project Management.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls; business processes concepts, practices and general policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Able to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- Proficient in the use of project scheduling software such as Primavera P6 or MS project.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet applications and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Familiar with ADB enterprise IT platform for accounting/disbursement and financial management is preferred.
- Analytical and systematic thinking with strong numerical skills, attention to detail, time management and ability to plan and coordinate schedules in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting and also to provide leadership when required to do so.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 3-4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.