HR Policies Analyst/ Officer – Strategic Workforce Planning Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106538
Job offer European Bank
HR Policies Analyst/ Officer – Strategic Workforce Planning (Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106538)
|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Monday 3rd August 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services – Personnel Directorate – HR Policies Department – Remuneration and Resource Planning Division (CS-PERS/HRPLC/R&RP) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a HR Policies Analyst/ Officer – Strategic Workforce Planning. This is a full time position (working arrangements for part-time (minimum 80%) or full-time could be accommodated) at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid/end of September.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
In this role, you will be supporting EIB’s strategic and operational business priorities by contributing to the definition and execution of the workforce planning policies and processes and related employment policies allowing EIB to have a workforce of the right size, with the right profiles and skills, as well as optimal flexibility.
In a context where the Bank needs organisational flexibility to respond to new challenges faced by the EU and changing business opportunities, the Bank is looking to strengthen its workforce planning function to ensure that it has the capacity to;
- Identify what profiles and critical skills it needs to successfully meet its current and future business goals,
- Assess the gap vis-à-vis its existing staff and contingent workers,
- engage its governing bodies and activate HR solutions to bridge the gap,
- Adapt its organisational culture to support the strategic business goals, while complying with the decisions from the Governing Bodies of the Bank.
The role requires analytical and quantitative skills and an excellent knowledge and understanding of the EIB mission, organisation and activities.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Division Remuneration and Resource Planning, liaising very closely with the Resources Planning Team for all outputs and co-operates closely with colleagues within the CS-PERS Directorate, the HR interfaces from all Directorates, the legal directorate, as well as the Bank’s planning and budgeting teams.
- Develop analyses of EIB demographics, define workforce scenarios matching quantitative and qualitative business and talent data, project and simulate headcount variations (staff & contingent), assess budget impact, help resources allocation, as well as develop state of the art workforce planning tools to plan resources.
- Provide input and contribute to the workforce planning policies and processes and related employment conditions.
- Support change management activities, projects and process improvements related to workforce planning including helping the consultation, communication and training of key stakeholders.
- Contribute to ensuring the proper execution of the workforce planning activities;
- Inform and ensure that managers and their HR Interface properly execute the workforce planning activities
- Solve and escalate critical issues as needed
- Identify areas for improvements and opportunities for better coordination, propose optimisations and thereby contribute to increase efficiency of the Division
- Contributing to defining KPIs, as well as monitoring and reporting workforce planning activities.
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably Public or Business Administration, Human Resources, International Relations, Political Science, Law or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience gained in Strategic HR planning in a large Organization.
- Project and change management experience.
- Knowledge and experience with best practices and tools in at least one of the following areas: Employment conditions, competency framework, organisational design, talent management, job evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of and ability to adapt to the EIB mission, organisation and activities
- Solid experience with modelling and data processing techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French(*); knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 3rd August 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.