Senior Commercial Services Assistant
Job offer at Asian Development Bank
Senior Commercial Services Assistant
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Events Management and Commercial Services Unit (OAFA-EC) within the Facilities Administration Division (OAFA). OAFA is under the Office of Administrative Services (OAS).
OAS manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director (PD) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAFA-EC is responsible for events management, food services, commercial services, commissary, and gas station.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Commercial Services Assistant will attend to efficient financial, procurement, inventory, and contract administration, database/software system maintenance, and provide technical and administrative support to ADB Commissary’s operations in compliance with internal control and guidelines. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Reviews the financial statements and other documents related to commissary operation by:
- Certifying accuracy of financial documents presented by the commissary contractor, service providers, and suppliers.
- Ensuring proper recording and documentation of transactions.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payments to the commissary contractor, service providers, and suppliers.
- Analyzing and providing feedback on monthly reports submitted by the commissary contractor.
- Assists in identifying purchasing needs by analysis of product movement.
- Contributes to the timely and efficient accreditation of suppliers by:
- Identifying, suggesting and conducting reference checks of qualified local and/or foreign suppliers.
- Requesting for quotations, and negotiating terms and conditions, product quality, and pricing with qualified suppliers.
- Processes and validates orders recommended by the commissary contractor with qualified suppliers by:
- Coordinating with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Ensuring Contractor’s assessment of quality of stock received and escalation of any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Attending to the timely and orderly preparation, verification, and issuance of purchase orders to qualified suppliers.
- Validating accuracy and consistency of declarations on all shipping documents and preparing timely free entry requests.
- Coordinating with assigned customs brokers on the timely release of clearances and shipment from Philippine government agencies concerned.
- Coordinating with other OAS business units (OAFA-FM, OAIS-GR, OAPC, OARS-SE and OAIS-LM’s Receiving Group) for the efficient delivery and unloading of shipments.
- Participates in the efficient inventory control and administration by:
- Ensuring a steady supply of stocks.
- Supervising the periodic physical inventory of stocks, and spot-checking of various items.
- Providing support in resolving discrepancies identified in the periodic physical inventory and in implementing inventory control and regulations.
- Reviewing the accuracy of inventory adjustments made by the commissary contractor in the Commissary’s automated system.
- Analyzing inventory losses for possible claims.
- Reviewing recommendations for disposal/mark-down and actual physical disposal of items.
- Ensures the accuracy of ADB-prescribed mark-up computations by reviewing and analyzing the transportation factor used for each commissary shipment to ensure correct unit cost is used by the commissary contractor.
- Monitors the commissary contractor’s and service providers’ performance by:
- Assessing quarterly compliance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Assisting in the annual performance evaluation.
- Responding to policy related queries of the commissary contractor and service providers on procedures, time frame, and other related requirements of the commissary.
- Contributes to the comprehensive maintenance and upkeep of the Commissary’s database and file systems.
- Assists in overseeing and managing the Commissary software systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Participates in the continuous enhancement of business processes, responds to recommendations regarding the Commissary’s automated systems and coordinates requested actions.
- Consolidates commissary data of events, new products and other promotional activities for announcement through various channels including the quarterly e-newsletter. Participates in implementing promotional events.
- Assists in implementing ISO Best Practices.
- Assists in the consolidation of data and preparation of the annual Commissary Report.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Hotel and Restaurant Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Sound working knowledge of ADB’s or other multicultural organizations’ policies, guidelines and procedures in inventory control, warehousing operations, contract administration and implementation.
- Sound working knowledge in purchasing, marketing, accounting and audit principles pertaining to inventory monitoring, control, and warehouse operations.
- Sound working knowledge of ADB-adopted computer applications and familiarity with the existing database management system, an advantage
- Sound working knowledge of multi-media software for development of online catalog.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Able to multi-task and has time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 4-5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.