Senior Data Lineage Specialist Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106310
Job offer European Bank
(Senior) Data Lineage Specialist (Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106310)
|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Sunday 16th August 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) – Information Management and Procurement Department (IMP) – Corporate Information and Processes Division (CIP) – Data Governance Unit (DG), a (Senior) Data Lineage Specialist(*). This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years
(*) internally referred to as”(Senior) Officer »
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organizational requirements and individual performance.
Are you seeking a role where you will be designing and implementing a Data Lineage framework in an international institution and put your consolidated experience of data governance to work whilst helping to drive positive change?
Join our team as (Senior) Data Lineage Specialist, in the heart of Corporate Services (CS), where you will have the possibility to act as a Data Lineage ambassador, set-up new standards for Data Lineage and share your specialist knowledge within the EIB Group.
The Data Governance unit functions as the EIB’s Data Governance Office. Led by the Head of Data Governance, the unit comprises a team of five Data Governance Officers who together lead various initiatives and working groups in order to establish and improve data governance, data management and reporting throughout the EIB.
Data lineage is the process of understanding, documenting and visualizing the data from its origin to its consumption. It includes the data origin, what happens to it and where it moves over time, which data aggregations and calculations apply to it, and who uses it. Data Lineage gives a better understanding to the user of what happens to the data throughout the life cycle while greatly simplifying the ability to trace errors back to the root cause in a data analytics process, and is a key capability for the EIB Group to achieve compliance with BCBS 239 principles.
Effective Data Lineage plays an important role where key decisions rely on accurate information, and links to data quality and Information Architecture.
This job requires a solid understanding of the Business Processes of the EIB Group as well as a sound understanding of the technical processes for data extraction, transformation and report production.
You will report to the Head of the Data Governance Unit.
- Design the Data Lineage framework, including the underlying processes and capabilities, templates and tools in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders from the Directorates and IT, and maintain it in in a continuous improvement perspective;
- Drive the implementation of tools for automation of Data Lineage capabilities, and, in close collaboration with IT, provide specifications, coordinate & run User Acceptance Tests, ensuring that the tools are fit for purpose;
- Design and run communication campaigns in order to disseminate knowledge and increase the awareness on the established Data Lineage concept and framework to ensure stakeholders and customers understand their data governance-related goals, benefits and responsibilities;
- Ensure sound Data Lineage documentation in the context of projects, as well as alignment with the Enterprise Data Model and Business Glossary;
- Perform Data Lineage analysis for EIB Group critical reports across processes and infrastructure;
- Carry out ex-post quality controls on Data Lineage documentation produced by the Directorates and IT, and ensure high quality;
- Keep up to date with market trends and developments with regard to own area;
- Coordinate the work of external consultants in the domain of data governance, in particular for Data Lineage, and support the Head of Unit / Division in managing the underlying contracts.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, information management or related field with a strong exposure to data analytics, business analysis and reporting;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a Business Analysts, IT Analyst, or IT professional in relation to data warehousing and reporting gained in banking or financial sector in an international context;
- Sound understanding of Best Banking Practices and regulatory framework for financial institutions (such as BCBS 239 or the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK) or MIKE 2.0 or ISO 11179);
- Relevant experience designing and implementing Data Lineage framework would be considered an advantage;
- Good knowledge of alternative Data Lineage supporting products would be an advantage;
- Ability to draft and deliver high quality of reports in English;
- Previous experience delivering trainings and providing coaching would be considered an advantage;
- Excellent negotiation skills at different levels;
- Interest in the EIB’s mission, organisation and business activities;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 16th of August 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.