Senior Evaluation Officer Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106573
Job offer European Bank
(Senior) Evaluation Officer (Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106573)
|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Monday 7th September 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Inspectorate General (IG) – Operations Evaluation Division (EV) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Evaluation Officer. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of October.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Within the Evaluation Division of the EIB Group (IG/EV), the candidate will contribute to the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluation activities on quality and results of the EIB Group’s operations, notably by undertaking in-depth evaluations of completed lending operations, with a view to improving operational performance, accountability and transparency. Evaluations ensure that the EIB Group is accountable for its activities and learns from its experiences. IG/EV acts as an independent function and ensures its evaluations are impartial and objective.
As (Senior) Evaluation Officer, (internally referred to as (Senior) Officer Lending Evaluation), you will report to the Head of EIB’s Evaluation Division of the Inspectorate General (IG/EV). Within the framework of specific evaluations you may also work under the responsibility of an Evaluation Expert. You will have regular contact with colleagues across all Directorates within the EIB Group. IG/EV has constant interaction with stakeholders within and outside the EIB Group, to ensure the usefulness and dissemination of its work.
You will carry out different tasks and responsibilities. These include:
- Undertake evaluation work and participate in the formulation, implementation (including drafting) and dissemination. Tasks imply responsibility and autonomy in the delivery of specific streams of work, and active contribution to team work.
- Ensure that the evaluations are compatible with internationally accepted norms in the field of evaluation, while taking full account of the specificity of the EIB Group
- Ensure that all reports are impartial and of a high quality, and take into consideration, as necessary, divergent views held by other EIB directorates
- Manage consultants, contribute to effective teamwork, represent IG/EV in a professional manner within and outside the EIB Group
- Contribute to the follow-up of IG/EV recommendations
- Contribute to other IG/EV activities as relevant, including to the preparation of IG/EV work programme and annual report
- Monitor selected activities or themes in areas related to IG/EV work and/or to specific evaluations
- Actively participate in internal working groups where IG/EV representation is required
- Master degree preferably but not exclusively in one of the following fields: Evaluation, Economics, European Studies, Finance or Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience. This includes – but is not restricted to – experience in evaluation, banking, international relations, public administration management, social and economic research
- Experience with operations and project cycle in other International Financial Institutions would be an advantage
- Able to demonstrate analytical and systematic thinking, applying judgement on the basis of evidence and reasoning
- Able to think conceptually, understanding a situation by identifying patterns and addressing underlying issues by bringing facts together, developing innovative and creative insights
- Hands-on experience carrying out evaluations or similar studies (e.g. impact assessments) would be an important asset
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent English, both written and spoken; good command of French (*) and/or other EU languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 7th September 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.