Senior Officer Human Resources – Pension and Health Insurance (Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106483)
|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Monday 13th July 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services – Personnel Directorate (CS-PERS) – HR Policies Department (HRPLC) – Remuneration & Resource Planning Division (R&RP) – Compensation & Benefits Unit (CS-PERS/HRPLC/R&RP/C&B) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Senior Officer Human Resources – Pension and Health Insurance. This is a full-time position at grade 6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of July.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Drive the development of policies, procedures and advice in the area of EIB Staff pensions and financial benefits complying with complex regulatory provisions in order to establish a pension and health insurance scheme that balances the staff’s benefits and the Bank’s sustainability and obligations.
The position will report to the Head of Compensation & Benefits Unit and will cooperate closely with the operational Pensions and Health Insurance teams (within HR Ops). The role involves high-level negotiations of pensions transfers with National Authorities.
The area of pensions requires analytical and quantitative skills and is particularly wide and complex. It is governed by several different pension regulations, and covers different pension types (normal pension, partial pensions, invalidity pensions, supplementary, money purchase) as well as transfers of pension rights from various countries.
Policy development and implementation
- Review, analyse and assess the impact of the pension and health insurance strategy and policy with regard to the short, medium and long term in order to ensure that the HR strategy and policies remains in line with the Bank’s vision, mission and values, as well as Best Banking Practices
- Provide expert input, advice, guidance and recommendations on complex issues in the field of Pensions and Health Insurance in a proactive way, ensuring alignment with best practice and regulatory requirements
- Identify the suitable databases, sources for the research/data gathering activities and oversee all the support activities related to the policy/procedure development, such as drafting in order to provide insights for optimization and efficiency based on the research findings
- Identify areas for improvements and opportunities for better coordination, propose optimisations and thereby contribute to increase efficiency of the Division
- Represent, as a full member, the EIB in the EIB Pension committee, the Joint Health Insurance Scheme Committee and eventually participate, as an observer to the EIF Pension Board, in order to safeguard the long-term sustainability of Bank’s pension provisions.
Procurement, Audit & Reporting
- Analyse the audit observations and develop key highlights with possible reasons and recommendations
- Develop and enhance reports for Management and other stakeholders, and ensure reconciliation and control of reports and continuous improvements of reporting data quality, in order to ensure that relevant and accurate information and recommendations are timely available for decision-making
- Project management for transversal projects related to Health Insurance and EIB & EIF Staff pensions, in order to continuously improve the framework and service delivery.
- Source, evaluate, supervise and negotiate terms of reference and contracts with external providers and/or consultants. Manage the budget and performance of external providers
Knowledge & Stakeholder Management
- Identify and engage key internal and external stakeholders in supporting the Bank’s pension and health insurance strategy and policy, including negotiation of transfer rights with national pension authorities
- Effectively communicate the changes/new policies to the wider audience creating understanding and buy-in, win collaboration with the PERS Communication and Knowledge Management teams as well as the Pension and Health Insurance teams in HR Ops department
- Identify ways to effectively build, maintain and transfer the functional knowledge inside the division, with HR Ops’ teams and throughout the Bank
- Represent Personnel in internal meetings as appropriate and represent the Bank in meetings with external counterparts (eg. service providers, other European Institutions)
- Maintain an active network of contacts with relevant external counterparts, in particular in other ED institutions and IFIs
- Provide expert advice to EIB-EIF pension/health/FC/JU teams
- IAS 19 exercise and other provisions (eg. non-insured death benefits, OSPS death risk)
- Peer review
- Negotiation of agreements for transfer/coordination of pension rights
- University degree (post-graduate) preferably in relevant field, preferably Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics
- 8 years relevant professional experience in pension and health insurance, with a corporate, consultancy, or social security body.
- Experience in an EU Institution, or international environment in HR would be an advantage
- Knowledge of best market practices in particular in the domain of pension accounting (IAS 19)
- Solid project and budget management experience
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and tools in the Pensions area
- Solid negotiation, communication and change management skills
- Knowledge of standard computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of database management would be considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good understanding of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 13th July 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.