Senior Supervisory Reviewer (Entity: EIB – Job ID: 106267)
|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Friday 10th July 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Supervisory Reviewer. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of July
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Specific Post Environment
The governing bodies of the EIB have decided to strengthen the supervisory role and capacity of the Audit Committee (AC), and to follow a specific “EIB-Review and Evaluation Process (EIB REP)” based on the four pillars of the EBA SREP Guidelines1. The EIB REP approach and methodology will be adapted according to the current “Best Banking Practices Framework and the Best Banking Practices Guiding Principles of the EIB”. The Audit Committee will be supported by a dedicated EIB REP team with specific knowledge, skills and experience in banking supervision, composed of EIB staff and seconded supervisory experts.
The key purpose of the “EIB-Review and Evaluation Process (EIB REP)” is to ensure, through assessment, that the EIB Group has adequate arrangements, strategies, processes and mechanisms, as well as capital and liquidity, to provide sound management and coverage of the risks to which it is or might be exposed, including those revealed by stress testing. The EIB REP team will be tasked with (a) proposing an EIB-tailored methodology and approach for an EIB review and evaluation process, for consultation and agreement with the responsible EIB governance bodies, and (b) the implementation of the methodology on an annual basis thereafter.
As (Senior) Supervisory Reviewer (Officer), you will develop, maintain and execute the supervisory methodologies, standards and procedures for the EIB REP across EIB Group. The role will also require close collaboration and co-ordination with the work of other team members, including the external supervisory secondees.
You will be reporting to the Director EIB REP (currently being temporarily filled by the Deputy Director General) and work in close collaboration with the members of the EIB REP team.
You will request and exchange information with senior executives and (senior) management across the EIB Group during prudential missions and reporting.
You will have external contact with ECB and / or EBA on methodological developments of the EIB REP process.
- Contribute to the definition, implementation and enhancement of the EIB REP methodology, standards and procedures. Depending on make-up of the team and priorities, focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Perform assessment of the risks to the EIB Group’s capital in line with the requirements of the REP methodology, for example, credit, market and operational risks, IRRBB, stress tests, ICAAP.
- Perform assessment of the risks to the EIB Group’s liquidity and funding in line with the requirements of the REP methodology, for example, short-term liquidity risk, funding sustainability, liquidity and funding risk management, stress tests, ILAAP.
- Perform assessment of the EIB Group’s internal governance framework, risk management framework, risk culture, and risk data and reporting in line with the requirements of the REP methodology.
- Perform assessment of the EIB Group’s business model from the perspective of the economical viability and sustainability in short, medium and long term.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in the allocated areas of the REP methodology;
- Monitor external developments in the assigned area(s) of regulatory / supervisory relevance;
- Act as a point of reference for all internal and external queries in the allocated areas of the REP methodology;
- Actively contribute to knowledge-sharing within the ‘unit’ in order to enhance the overall understanding of regulatory matters amongst all colleagues;
- Contribute to the report on the findings of the review to the relevant governing bodies, ensuring the quality of the report;
- Participate in and facilitate the supervisory dialogue between the Audit Committee and the Bank’s Management Committee and Services. This level of interaction may also involve EIF senior management and the Audit Board.
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant university degree (preferably a Master in Economics, Finance, Maths or similar)
- Significant relevant operational experience in one or more aspects of banking activities relevant to the EIB Group; must have at least 8 years’ of exposure to regulatory / supervisory practices (preference will be given to a candidates working at a senior level and managing complex tasks/projects)
- In depth knowledge and experience in the EU regulatory and supervisory framework for financial institutions as currently promulgated by the ECB/SSM through the SREP
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s standard office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French (*). Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 10th July 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.